• The National Biodiversity Data Centre has launched a new Citizen Science survey to record marine biodiversity on Ireland’s rocky shores.
• Rocky Shore Safari is the fourth survey of our Explore Your Shore! citizen science project and is designed to collect information on the distribution of marine plants and animals in Ireland’s rocky shore habitats.
• ‘Explore Your Shore!’ – is empowering and supporting volunteer citizen scientists to survey and record intertidal and coastal marine biodiversity. The records collected will help improve our knowledge of marine species distribution and explore their use as bio-indictors of water quality and climate change.
• Explore Your Shore! is asking people across Ireland to volunteer to survey their local rocky shore and submit records of intertidal plant and animal species to the National Biodiversity Data Centre via the Explore Your Shore! Website at www.exploreyourshore.ie
• Explore Your Shore! is funded by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Tuesday, June 9th, 2020
The National Biodiversity Data Centre today launched our Rocky Shore Safari which is a new survey under our Explore Your Shore! marine citizen science project. The new survey focuses on recording plant and animal species in Ireland’s intertidal rocky shore habitats.
Explore Your Shore! is empowering and supporting volunteer citizen scientists to survey and record intertidal and coastal marine biodiversity. The project is also seeking to build a network of active marine biodiversity recorders in Ireland. The records obtained will improve our knowledge of marine species distributions around the Irish coast.
Explore Your Shore! is asking members of the public to get involved in our Rocky Shore Safari by spending one hour surveying their local rocky shore and submitting records of animals and plants to www.exploreyourshore.ie.