In January 2020, prior to the Covid-19 crisis, sustainability was chosen as a key theme and talking point for 2020 for Croke Park Meeting & Events.
The meetings and events team felt there was an untold sustainability story at Croke Park, going back over a decade and wanted to capture this tangibly, by producing an e-booklet.
They also wanted that story to be told in the context of a growing focus on the topic amongst corporations, associations and agencies in the meetings and events sector.
During the months of the lockdown, the wide and varied strands of Croke Park’s sustainability story were drawn together involving, in particular, Mide Ni Shúilleabháin, Sustainability Officer at Croke Park.
The finished document will now be launched in the Hogan Suite at Croke Park during a Hybrid Event (with both live and on-line attendees) at an upcoming date this Autumn. Date to be announced in the near future, and in line with government advice.
Speakers will deliver short talks both in person and remotely. They include:
– Guy Bigwood, Global Destination Sustainability Index (GDSI)
– Sam Johnson, Dublin Convention Bureau
– Katie Boone, Sustainability Manager, ICC Sydney
– Mide Ni Shúilleabháin, Sustainability Officer, Croke Park
– Mark Dorman, Speaker, Head of Stadium Business, Croke Park
– Paul Murphy, Managing Director, AVCOM